Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Create it Wonderful


Even if you have a lot of work to do, if you think of it as wonderful, and if you feel it as wonderful, it will transform into the energy of joy and fire, instead of becoming a burden.
Tulku Thondup Rinpoche
The Practice of Dzogchen

The above quote is so true.  By declaring anything wonderful, it soon becomes wonderful.

I have personal experience of this.  Several years ago, while in the throws of grief for my former husband, our lifestyle, and all of the stuff I thought was gone, I was simply overwhelmed with emotional feelings that felt like I was slugging through mud with every move I made.  Life just got to hard.

Deciding that something had to change, I just declared my life to be wonderful, whole and perfect.  And soon it was.  ‘Course I had to remind myself that it was wonderful several times to get into the habit of it but soon it was.

Most of us believe what it is that we think and we assume that what we think is the truth of any situation or circumstance.  My experience says that whatever I think is the truth of me at that moment but things can change very quickly. 

One of the habits I want for me is to always question is, “what’s now?” That will assist me in thinking through the whole of what is going on and to see what needs to change for the better in order to create a quality of life that supports me rather than works against me.


Anthropologist Carlos Castaneda, speaking through a fictional character, Don Juan, wrote, "The trick is what one emphasizes, we either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong, the amount of work is the same."

Life is too short to not be perfect, whole and complete to our satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment