Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Vacation Time


We are planning and getting ready to travel to the East Coast for about ten days.  Since I have never been there, I am looking forward to the scenery and visiting new places and seeing friends and relatives along the way.

We have stocked up on several books on CD to listen to since we will be having some 10-hour days in the car.  True to form, I will probably sleep most of the trip. 

There is something about a moving car that is comfortable that puts me into slumber land within minutes.  The last trip we took, we got up very early and when I commented on the pre-dawn hour, my partner very cleverly informed me that it made no difference since I would be asleep within minutes anyway.

We usually take some intermediate roads rather than the turnpikes in order to get a feel for the countryside.  It is really fun when in driving through a new area because you never know what you will find.  

So, since I will be out of pocket for a period of time, enjoy your end of summer and get ready for the cooler weather.  Whatever your plans are, make the most of them.  Blessings on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment