Thursday, April 3, 2014

Changes, Ouch!

In all of my training, I have been told that change is a way of life.  However, when it comes to change in my life, it almost gives me the hibby jeebies. I am the first to admit, that when it comes to making change, I dig in my heels.  I don’t want it.  I don’t like it. And it usually brings surprises and I really don’t like surprises.  

It is hard for me to relate changes and surprises to something good.  It has never come natural for me.  I have to work at remembering that change always means something better and that surprises are delightfully wonderful.  

Going back into my lifetime, the stories that I have recorded have some element of surprise in them and I have had to rewrite the story in order to get what the “good” was in it.  Even in retrospect, it is sometimes hard to find the elements that have led me to my here and now even though I know that to be the truth of the matter.  What else but my experiences have brought me to my here and now?

Realizing that my story is unfinished, some of my memories are vague and sketchy.  One writer once told me that in writing out my story, I will get the first step in recognizing the holy mystery behind the life I have been given.  There are so many stories.  Do I really want to know the holy mystery of my life?  

Is finding out all of that paramount to what success or accomplishment or what I need to do necessary?  Sometimes when I read or hear stuff like that, I wonder what it is the people do - must not be very busy.  

What I do know is that I have to look for and sometimes pretend that I know the ending of the story of what is going on in my life.  That means that I have to discover and sometimes make up the good in the changes that are going on and how to see my life differently.  When I am in the midst of the “stuff” it is sometimes hard to see the “good” in any of it.

Just now, I felt a cold nose on my leg as I am sitting in front of my computer.  The cold nose is attached to Jackson, our youngest puppy, reminding me to “lighten up.”  Maybe it is time to think about the more important things in life like playing with Jackson.  

It all reminds me to accept, adjust, relax and let the story play out.  I don’t have to control all of it.  I can “just let it be.”  I have to learn how to change the rules as to what something things are.


Accept, adjust, relax and let the stories play out in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment