Friday, August 29, 2014

Nurture New LIfe

Several days ago, I had the pleasure of snuggling with a seven week old puppy.  Gizmo is a Shih Tzu and came complete with needle teeth and puppy breath.  He is so small that he fit into the palm of my hand.  

There is nothing like encountering new life to give me a sense of what is new and different around me.  Spending time with Gizmo gave me a sense of the Spirit of the Presence in all of us.  But it seems particularly present with Gizmo.  You can see the light in his eyes that he is interested in all that is present around him.  He is fascinated with what can he get into his mouth and chew up.  

When he collapses with fatigue, he is out like switching off a light.  Amazing to watch.  This little creature gave me several lessons I needed to remember for my life.

  1. Get really interested and focus only what is in front of me.
  2. No past; no future; only present.
  3. What can I have fun with right now?
  4. When hungry, cry for food.  When tired, collapse and sleep.  When needing to take care of body elimination, do so immediately.  Why wait?
  5. Play with me.  Life is all about fun.

Filled with energy that amazed me, he doesn't run; he does a hop skip to get to where he wants to go.  Walk?  Who wants to walk, when skipping works best?  One minute he was exploring with his nose buried in the grass, and the next he was flopped over sleeping.  

What a delight it was to spend time with him and have him remind me to relax, have more fun and stay in the present.  I invite you to join me in this quest for it leads to a more exciting life.


No comments:

Post a Comment