Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Great Reminder

Intelligence created you to live in these times because you are equipped to meet the challenges of these times.  You are the right person, in the right place, to create a right world for yourself.  All the resources of the Infinite are already yours.  They need you as a means of self-expression.  Raymond Charles Barker

It is easy to forget that we were created from Intelligence and sometimes I do not want to accept that I am responsible for my own mental actions.  I forget that I can create my own heaven right here on earth and that I have the ability to think up all that I need in order to experience something bigger and greater than I now have.

We just got back from an extended trip through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the surrounding area.  On one drive outside Gatlinburg, through the Roaring Fork area, there were small farm buildings still standing from years ago.  This area was a huge eye opener for me.  First of all, it was a mass of rock formations and all of these rocks had to be cleared in order for anything to be grown.  My own childhood on a North Dakota farm consisted of "hauling rocks" every spring before the planting could be done.  Most people don't realize how hard the work is just to keep food, shelter and clothing available during four seasons.  The farm I grew up on had a well for fresh water, we had rural electricity, coal for the furnace, chamber pots for the winter and an outside two-seater for the spring, summer, and fall.  I never could quite figure out the two seater arrangement as I always insisted on "privacy."  Our farm house had four bedrooms upstairs and one down with the living room, dining room, and kitchen.  Pure luxury, I found out.

One of the farm houses on the tour in Tennessee had two rooms - a living area and a kitchen.  In this building, Mr. and Mrs. Bales raised (are you ready) nine children.  There couldn't have been any privacy at all!  Wonder where they all slept?  How did they keep warm in the winter?  Snuggling with siblings?  Most of my siblings bickered, so I know I would not have wanted to be close to them - plus the fact that most of them were so much older than I was.  I realized that we have more luxury in our motor home than they did in that little house.

This trip was a great reminder for me to appreciate what I have and what I have created for myself.  No matter what, I have the capacity to create even more because I have the power of the Infinite within me.  It was a reminder for me to always come up with new ideas as to what I want to experience next, how I want life to enrich my intelligence, and how prosperous can I be in this life.  My decision is to live fully healthy, wealthy, happy and creative.  Life is wonderful and I now experience more of it.  Join me?



No comments:

Post a Comment