Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Doing what's next.

Recently, two quotes have come to my attention:

1.  You owe it to all of us to get with what you're good at.  A. H. Auden

2.  Take care of yourself - you never know when the world will need you.  Rabbi Hillel

Okay, I got it.  I am amazing and it is time that I allowed my "amazingness" to show up in my world.  For a lot of years, I really tried to keep my light hidden under a bushel.  Is it bushel or bush?  My "childhood" mind remembers, "bushel."  Whatever it is, I am no longer going to keep from being "out there" in whatever form I need to take to be who I am.  Hiding no longer feels good.

Every year about this time, I begin to wonder, how close am I to what God intended me to be?  Since I was created in greatness, is that what I am experiencing?  What else needs to be done?

My pledge for the New Year is to get on with what I am good at, to explore new areas about myself, decide what new and different I want to experience, add some new people into my close circle of friends,  and to fill my life with love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment