Friday, December 31, 2010

Uncertainty about the new!

Any time that I have done something new and different, I feel uncertain.  Every time I have had to make some changes, I feel uncertain.  These last several months have been filled with uncertainty.  I have had no choice except to get use to and move through uncertainty.

I know that there is nothing in my world that is certain.  Why, then, do I shy away from being in that state of mind and why do I hesitate about uncertain anything?

Is it possible to get excited and enthused about uncertainty?  Yes.  I just have to change my mind about what it is that I am feeling and thinking and get excited about it.  Experiencing a new restaurant is all about uncertainty. Yet, my feeling about that "new" is different from a feeling of a "new" career, "new" friend, "new" lifestyle.

A lot of this is confidence and trust - in myself.  Trust that life is always good.  Trust that the "new" can be as good as all the rest of the experiences I have in life.  Trust that uncertainty can be delightful and filled with good experiences.  Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment