Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Changes in Life


Life is very strange for me these days.  I am in the process of selling my house.  Everything has to be “clean and tidy” for the staged showings.  Everything is off the walls with the exception of one or two very generic pictures on each wall.  If you look into the oven, you will find a box of tissues, a cup of pens and my grocery list.  The closet is filled with the items that are usually displayed in the bathroom and on the countertops.
Not only that, but I hate living in “clean and tidy.”  Granted, living in a clean environment is wonderful but having to put everything away every day is the pits.  Now, where did I stash that remote control for the television?
I have had to ask the question, “Do I want to sell the house?” several times during the last days.  It motivates me to want to get the work done and load the puppies into the car for the time the perspective buyers are checking out the house. 
                  This morning, after loading up the dogs, getting what I needed out of the house, and driving away, I realized that I needed something else.  Instead of driving back home, I stopped at the local grocery store.  Knowing that I was only going to be there a short time, I wasn’t too worried about the dogs. 
                  When I came out of the store, the car, next to me had pulled in and the guy got out with three children crying at the same time.  I opened my door and heard my two dogs crying.  Glory Be!  I had a chance to be really grateful that I had dogs instead of children. 
                  There are times when all I really want to do is complain to anyone who will listen.  More and more, I am realizing that I don’t have that much to complain about.  Sure, things still irritate me but I find that all of that just makes for a more interesting life. 
                  I am grateful that my life is as interesting as it is and that the changes are what I have chosen to experience.  All of this is because I said “yes” to a new relationship, soon to be new marriage, soon to be living in a new house and soon to be in an extended family of furbies. 
                  It doesn’t get any better than this!
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment