Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How We Influence Each Other


At the Asilomar Conference Center, located on the Pacific Rim in California, while attending a religious gathering, I remember having had a meal with a colleague and she introduced me to the wonders of a fountain pen for writing.  Rev. Jennie was using a Waterman Fountain Pen. 

I don’t remember how many years ago that has been but what reminded me of that experience is that I am still using my original Waterman I bought shortly after using her pen. 

Actually, I consider my Waterman “just broken in.”  It writes beautifully with a very smooth nib on all kinds of surfaces.  I didn’t know that the more you use the nib, the better it gets as it “gets” use to the way you write and the pressure you use, etc.

Since that time, I have learned how to turn my own pens.  What I really wanted was a Mont Blanc pen, but couldn’t afford it, so learned how to make my own as I could easily afford a “Cindy Flor.” 

Using what I have created is an experience in itself and wanted to give credit to Jennie for creating a new path for me in not only writing, but also journal writing all these years.  Now, I buy inks from all over and when the mood hits, I mix and match different shades to be able to experience more of what I have. 

Since that time, I received a Mont Blanc as a gift.  The joy of journal writing now is choosing which pen, what color ink, and not playing favorites with my collection of fountain pens. 

Thanks, Jennie, for opening a whole new experience for me.  I love my pen collection and the luxury of choice every day when I sit down to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment