Friday, September 28, 2012

Allow Everything


Two quotes had me in a quandary this last week.  The first is from Ernest Holmes in which he tells us, “Just keep right on knocking at the doorway of your consciousness until every “no” becomes a “yes,” every negation an affirmation, every fear a faith.  You cannot fail if you remain steadfast.” 

Somewhere I read that life is a gift.  So, by saying “yes” to everything that shows up in our lives is accepting the gift in a greater, grander way.  No matter what happens, it is a gift. 

I didn’t reach a goal that I wanted this week and was very disappointed and have to really recoup from hearing three “no’s” to something that I think is really wonderful – the biggest advantage of it is to save money and have the product delivered to the front door.  Who wouldn’t want to save money?  I couldn’t get my mind wrapped around that? 

The sad thing about it is that I know the people were lying to me about the reasons for not buying from me.  That is another thing I couldn’t get wrapped in my head – why lie about something so insignificant.  Imagine the cause and effect set up around that?

What was the gift in the people saying “no?”  Well, had they consented, I would have had to work with them.  Now, I don’t.  Maybe in the wisdom of the Infinite, it saved me from some huge problems later on. 

The other quote is from Alan Cohen, who, says, “Denying the body is another from of indulging it.  What you fight, you empower.  What you allow, you release.”  The importance of that quote is the allow/release part.  Make it all okay and it is easier to accept, think about, and for me to “get my head wrapped” around a concept in order to let it go for the highest and best – usually for me.  Which tells me that I need to allow and release for the highest and best to all I come in contact with too. 

Okay, allow and release with ease.  Got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment