Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Joy


The first book I picked up this New Year had an opening line of, “What brings you joy?”  It stopped me in my tracks.  I have been doing a lot of things but I am not sure that any one of them brought me joy. 

When I look at my life now, I love where I am and what I am doing, but none of it is with “deep joy.”  I realized that I had been so focused on getting settled into this house, being a day care for little puppies, being a wife and housewife, that I have forgotten what brings me joy.

Writing gives me satisfaction.  Painting gives me fulfillment.  Reading gives me knowledge.  But what gives me joy?

This will certainly give me something to think about while I am packing up this house to relocate to Oklahoma City.  Can I find joy while packing up my life?  I may have to start a list of things that I can do that bring me joy.

Again, I feel very grateful that I am in a position to be able to choose from multiple avenues.  Is it possible to have too many choices?

I have been looking for a theme for this year.  Joy seems to be my answer.  So, with joy in my heart, I allow it to be the driving motivation for 2013. 

What brings you joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment