Monday, May 13, 2013

Adjusting


Adjusting to Oklahoma City is a variable experience.  Some days, it is all blue skies.  Others are windy.  Some days are with blowing rain and chilly temperatures.  This is what spring is like here. 

What is hard to adjust to is the constant layer of dust on all of the furniture because the wind blows most of the time.  I am not enamored of cleaning in the first place and having to do it everyday just goes against my grain.  Well, I guess I am going to have to get use to it.  My Swiffer duster is getting some regular use.

Someone told me recently, to ignore it and wait for two or three days because it will always be dusty.  This way, it is worthwhile and makes a bigger difference.  Really?

The delight of my experience here is that I have met some wonderful women who feed my soul with knowing wonderful places to eat, love to chat and laugh a lot.  What a pleasure hanging out with positive, upbeat and happy women. 

Am also looking forward to taking some sewing classes at a technical school nearby later this summer and fall.  They do classes in all sorts of interesting things that I don’t know how to do.  A nearby community center teaches line dancing, Palates, and stretching classes.  All of these are another way of stretching my possibilities into great opportunities to experience more of what life is all about.

Being here has also given me the opportunity to read and explore more of my library, allowing me to finish some of my craft items and I am ready to do more jig saw puzzles and build a new Lego building.  All of these activities are pleasure items that feed my soul and allow me to want to explore new fun things to do.  Right now, life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment