Sunday, October 13, 2013

It All Matters


“In the immensity of consciousness, a light appears – a tiny point which moves rapidly and traces shapes, thoughts, and feelings, like a pen writing on paper.  And the ink which leaves a trace is memory.  You are that tiny point and by your movement the world is ever re-created.”  Sri Nisargadatt

This explains to me how everything we think, say and do leaves an imprint in life – how everything matters.  How we think creates our feelings.  Feelings create habits.  Habits create a life. 

Recently, I had a session with an elderly person who took up the whole time complaining about some childhood experience.  While this was going on, my thought was, “It is time to get over it.”

More than ever, I want to reach my end time feeling good about what my life was like, the decisions I made, the accomplishments I experienced, the people who I allowed into my life, and the puppies who have adored me. 

The biggest event I want to cherish is the ability to learn new things and the talent I had to turn interesting thoughts into interesting creative endeavors.  I want to know how many more gifts I have within me and how will I get them all used up before my end life?

Regrettable times were when I took me too seriously or the situations I was in too seriously.  I should have learned earlier how to laugh longer, louder, or seen the humor about what a cosmic joke life can sometimes be. 

Enough!  Life is wonderful and I am truly grateful for all of the lessons I learned and those yet to show up.  I smile as I say, “Thank you God for all because I am truly blessed always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment