Friday, March 11, 2016

The Smallest and the Largest Idea

Our personal prayer is a solitary venture.  But through the simple means of thought, and thought alone, we can so consciously unite with the One Presence and Power, the One God, that the very creativity of the Universe is brought to bear upon the least as well as the greatest idea we have incorporated in our prayer.  Ernest Holmes

Somewhere in past essays, I have written about how most of us never ask for enough or settle for so little in our lives that we get to about the end and are disappointed because we realize that there is so much but we have so little to show for.

I remember years ago, I was moving from Southern California to the Bay Area of California and I had all of my belongings packed into a small U-Haul Trailer that I pulled in my then l969 Cadillac.  I remember crying on my way north, that all of my worldly belongings easily fit into a 8 foot U-Haul.  I remember thinking that for the years that I had already worked, I should be moving in three or four 18-wheeler trucks.  

I made up my mind during that trip that my life was going to change and that I was going to be more prosperous come hell or high water.  I managed to avoid the high water but did go through some hellish experiences.  I think we all do - horrible bosses, terrible companies, and worse jobs.  Overcoming all of that seems to put us into the mental attitudes we need in order to be more discerning about what it is that we want to experience. 

Since then I have come to appreciate my spiritual practice of gratitude, affirmations, of asking for too much, prayer, releasing to God what seems to be of burden to me, journal writing, appreciating and praising every day the joy that I experience and the grace and blessing I have in my life.  

Recently, my affirmation has been, "I am so grateful that God is my reliable, permanent, rich, loving, provider of the abundant good in my life."   Consciously uniting with the One Presence and Power of the Universe can make a huge difference in life.  I invite you to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment