Sunday, July 17, 2016

Infinite Supply

Supply and demand:  If you knew there was infinite supply, you would have no need to demand.  Alan Cohen

Ernest Holmes tells us that, "Somewhere there is already provided a lavish abundance for every want - a supply equal to any claim that can be made upon it - BUT THE DEMAND MUST BE MADE! "As you believe."  Each as the power to demand his share of the gift God has provided of health, wealth, and power.  Each is supplied AS he believes."  

Demand and believe may not be the right words.  I think that the word "know" applies in both paragraphs.  Think about this.  Elsewhere, Ernest Holmes tell us that we the incarnation of God.  Each of us has the Presence of God within us.  Other books tell us that we have the "spark" of God within us.  Other mystics tell us that we have the same powers that God has.

Since that is the case, I think we need to move beyond "believe" and move into "knowing" that our power is equal to whatever our prevailing consciousness is at the time that we need it to accomplish whatever we want to experience.  I use the word "prevailing" because there are times when it is easy for me to manifest what I want and others when nothing seems to work.  I know it is based on my "prevailing" consciousness.

The prevailing consciousness also needs appreciation, gratitude, and thanksgiving, which again, according to Ernest Holmes, is the motive power which attracts and magnifies the hidden potentialities of life.  

When thinking about the lavishness of nature and the abundance that nature provides, I remember my Mother growing cucumbers every summer that she would can.  And every once in a while, she would miss one and it would grow into enormous proportions.  Potatoes, tomatoes, corn and other vegetables were the same way.  

Try counting the blades of grass growing in your lawn.  Or the leaves in just one small tree. Or rain drops or snow flakes or clouds in the sky or stars at night.  We can't.  There are too many.  

But somehow, we can't equate that "too many" into the abundance that is available to us.  Why not?  You know what?  I am going to think about that this week and figure out how I can translate that abundance into my life.  I am so ready!  Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment