Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Goals or resolutions?

Year after year, I have set goals for myself only to have forgotten what most of them are in a short space of time.  I realized that they weren't all that important to me.  The important ones just showed up for me.

No more resolutions.  No more goals.  I now realize that life is perfect, my body is perfect, my environment is perfect, there is nothing to fix or change.  Since that is the case, what needs to change in order for me to be content or feel great?

In clearing out my desk, I found an affirmation I wrote years ago.  It says, "It is possible for me to step into a comfortable lifestyle that gives me the results I want."  In reading this, I realized that I am and have been living it for several years.  How great is that?

Nothing to change, nothing to fix.  In getting use that that concept, it really feels like I have loosened up the way I live, my attitudes, how I see my world.  Now, when Charlie Carter, our year old puppy, barks up a storm, I think, "Its perfect."  He wants the attention and barking is the way he gets it.  I just have to appreciate more of what he is.  

When Alan needs something from me, I remind myself that we have spent ten years together in perfect harmony and in order for that to continue, I keep my mind open and listen to what is being said and declare it perfect.  It makes living with a partner so much easier.

Nothing needs to change in order for me to feel content or to feel great.  My life is perfect the way it is including the dishwasher that needs repair, laundry that needs to get done, floors that need to be scrubbed, and all the other everyday chores that need doing.  All is well in spite of what needs to be done.

I got called for jury duty for next week.  What is that all about?  It has been years since I have been called and why now?  Do I even want to get into a situation that may be filled with the Virus (s)?  In order to get though the experience unscathed, I have to declare it "good" no matter what confronts me.  I just need to remember it as I get into the downtown traffic, or crowds, or whatever.

All is well.  And so it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment