Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow in San Antonio

It is very cold outside - 22 degrees.  It snowed sometime during the night and when I went out to take pictures of it, it crunched.   That means, most of it is ice.

The last time we had ice was in January of 2009.  I watched our dogs go outside and crunch through the ice to do what they had to do.  They all scurried to get inside very quickly.

I turned the heat off before I went to bed last night because the noise of the furnace wakes me up.  When I got up this morning it was 58 degrees in the house.  I don't have enough clothes to keep me warm while up and around, even with the heat on, so I am taking a "snow" day, hunkering down under covers, hot tea, a good book and riding out the weather.

There is nothing like a contrast to make me wish for warmer weather...I guess I complained too much last summer during the heat about wanting cooler weather.  This is cooler, alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment