Friday, December 30, 2011

Declare It Complete


There is something about this year-end that doesn’t feel complete to me.

Years ago I took a class on “completion” and realized that there is a huge difference between being finished and being complete.  Finished means that something has ended.  Complete means having all necessary parts, elements, or steps brought to an end and having it fully carried out.

In that class, several questions were raised that need to be answered in order to be complete with a situation, timeline, person or in this case, 2011.  They are:
  1. 1.    What gave me pleasure?
    2.   What didn’t give me pleasure?
    3.   Who do I need to forgive (and for what)?
    4.   Who do I need to thank (and for what)?
    5.   Anything else I need to complete about this?


I know that if I have left some important thing in my life undone, or not done right, or if I don’t feel good about the job, I have to go back and revisit the situation.  That situation “weighs” on my mind and doesn’t allow me to move foreword into something new and different.  The accumulation of all of this is some of the baggage we carry in our lives and literally doesn’t allow us to excel or move into a place of success.  All of this baggage blinds us to our opportunity or possibility that always surrounds us. 

Christine Northrup tells us, “Creating anything new and fresh works much better if you mindfully ‘complete’ what is finished at the same time that you are dreaming up the new.”

Allowing yourself to not put any more energy into something that you cannot control or what you consider unremarkable, declare it complete and let it go.  It is the only way to free up the energy you need to move forward in your life.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment