Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Looking for the Good


One of the hardest challenges I have ever had to take on was looking for the blessing or finding the good during the times of great stress or being overwhelmed with work.  I know intellectually that when something doesn’t happen, it is because something better is coming.  But while I am in the thick of it, it is hard to trust, to know that life is always good or that the journey is one of joy.

One of my teachers always said to grow through your biggest challenges and to make sense and meaning out of the obstacles you face.  When life is going good, meaning is easy to discern.  It is when it is not going to well, that is when the rubber hits the floor. 

The headline in one of my magazines this week was, “It’s Your Journal, so write in it.”  My first sentence was that I know that I have inner resources that I haven’t even touched and that maybe this is the time when I can tap into the reserves of who and what I am.  I also know that the strength is there…I just have to remember to draw upon my spirit within as I look at the bigger picture. 

What is my bigger picture?  I can certainly use this time to redefine and get use to doing something very different.  A definition of discipline, according to David Campbell, is “remembering what you want.”  What do I want?  Time to get back to basics and remember what it is that is important to me.

Even though I may have lost sight of my bigger picture, I can certainly remember to look for and find my blessing and my good.  Even if it is only to know that all I accomplished this day was getting this blog written and published.

No comments:

Post a Comment