Monday, January 16, 2012

Back to the Bridge


Last year, during the month of May, while on a road trip, we found a bridge for sale in the middle of nowhere, out in a field.  Well, on another trip, we passed by the bridge, again.  It is still for sale. 

This time, I wanted to get the phone number and call to find out how much, what was it intended for, and why is it for sale now. 

Well, shoot!  The banner sign on it is torn to shreds and so the phone number isn’t visible from the road.  But for those of you who are interested, it is between mile marker 68 and 69 going south on 281 on the right hand side of the road. 

Again, this bridge stuff got me to thinking…if I wanted a bridge…how would I go about getting one?  Do you find them in the “want ads,” or on Craig’s list or do you have to start from scratch and find “bridge plans” on the internet.

That got me to thinking and searching…the internet is filled with old bridge plans that go from being historic to modern.  Do you want a garden bridge, swimming pool bridges, stream bridges, river bridges or larger?  Again the rule is, you need to decide what kind of bridge you need before you go searching.  Otherwise, you can get “lost” in the morass of information available on bridges.

Well, if I can’t find the bridge I want, I can always write a song, a poem or another essay on “Bridge for Sale.”

No comments:

Post a Comment