Saturday, February 18, 2012

Books


I love books.  Since I was just an average student in high school, I realized that I needed to figure out a way to continue my education without the benefit of college because I didn’t have the money nor did I think I was bright enough to get through.  But studying at my own pace and having the privilege of reading and rereading something I didn’t understand was my way of “getting” that higher education I needed. 

Since I have decided that I am now a writer, I have been supplementing my knowledge about writing by reading about writing.  Finishing one book that really turned the lights on for me, I decided that I would search Amazon.com for more of that author.  The book I wanted was priced out of my range as it is decades old.  Closing up the page and turning away from my computer very disappointed, I walked over to my “writing” section of my library and lo, and behold, there was the book.

Well, now I get it.  It wasn’t available in my price range because I already had the book.  Instead of being disappointed, I was now ecstatic.  I love how the universe works to support us and to protect us when needed and necessary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment