Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cigar Boxes


“What are you doing with all of these cigar boxes,” I asked Bill as we were touring his workshop as we were getting ready to take a lesson in wood turning for pens. 
“You have to save all of your leftovers and you need a space for all of them and cigar boxes are great for this.  You need to get all of the cigar boxes that you can and fill them with treasures.”
We had the wood turning lesson and I forgot about the conversation until a few weeks later.  I was in an interview with a couple getting ready for a spiritual union ceremony and I ask them how they found me.  “Shirley at Unity referred us to you.” 
Later that evening, one of the students brought his class project to be shared and all of his “treasures” were housed in a cigar box.  I asked him where he got his cigar boxes.  (For those of us who don’t do “cigars” it is a legitimate question!)  His reply was that he goes to “The Humidor.” 
The next morning as I was looking up Unity in the yellow pages in order to call Shirley and find out her last name in order to send her a “referral fee” I am ready to close the yellow pages and this huge ad on the next page is featuring “The Humidor.” 
Okay, I got it.  I stocked up on cigar boxes and got more for gifts.  The very interesting thing about this whole sequence of events was that it was located next to Pier 1, where I had remembered I wanted to check in order to get a folding bookcase for my office. 
Now, what came first…the bookcase or the cigar boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment