Sunday, July 8, 2012

Journey Into What's New and What's Next!


Life felt boring and so I asked God for something new and different to show up in my life. 

As I am traveling on a late Sunday afternoon to Sacramento, I am gritching to God about having to attend the installation of a colleague into one of our new churches.  I am so tried…this trip is too long…I won’t get home until after midnight…why do I have to do this?
           
Getting there early, I see one of my acquaintances from years earlier from another church.  We get into a great conversation about what we’re doing now.  She tells me she has a talk radio show from San Francisco and would I be interested in being her guest some night.  Sure, call me.  She did. 
           
I was a guest on her show several times.  One evening as we were walking to our cars after a show, she told me that the station had an early morning slot open and that she thought it would be an excellent idea to get all of the Religious Science churches together and take that slot. 

Normally, I would have said, “Let me know when you have it put together.  Sure, I will support you on that.”  This time instead I said, “Don’t bother with the other churches, we’ll take it.” 

I couldn’t believe that fell out of my mouth.  I got into my car and screamed, “What have I done?”  Now I had to go back and convince the Board of Trustees that our next adventure in church was to be on radio. 

They said, “Yes, go for it.” 

Just like that, I became a “Radio Personality.”  Ask and the opportunity shows up on the path of your life.



            

No comments:

Post a Comment