Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Let It Be Easy


Currently, I am reading a book on extreme spirituality, which focuses on radical approaches to awakening our own consciousness and for what is possible for us in order to break free of our own self-limiting boundaries.

Years ago, my teacher, Dr. Robert Scott, would always remind his students to keep it simple, or make it easy, to be sure to always make it fun.  Since then my mantra has been to keep it all, “simple, fun and easy.”

Tolly Burkan’s approach to some of the experiences he encountered was to, “Let it be easy.”

So many times because of our earlier training, we make things hard for ourselves when it isn’t necessary.  I know that while watching my parents do some things, I knew that life was hard and that it would be “hard work” for me to get whatever it was that I was wanting in my life.

I remember one class session, Dr. Scott asked us, “Who wrote that rule in your rule book?”  ERK?  Who WROTE what in MY rule book?  I keep thinking about that question every time I come up against something that I think I cannot do.

I also remember that question when I think that “something” is going to be hard.  Well, since then, I have learned that it is hard because I thought it was hard and that things are easy when I think they are simple, fun and easy. 

New rule:  Let it be eay.

No comments:

Post a Comment