Friday, September 14, 2012

Writer's Block


This has been the week for having “nothing” to write about.  Nothing seems to be interesting to me this week.  I know that there is a lot going on, but not worth writing about.  This is one of the reasons why I am not on Facebook – the endless minutia of boring lives.

What I find fascinating is the process of writer’s block.  There are times when I am writing that I can’t keep my fingers flying fast enough across the keys to keep up with what is going on in my head.

The lesson for me is to write when I have the ideas and not, when I don’t.  Seems simple.  But somehow I don’t follow the lesson.  In other words, I don’t use what I know.

I am finding this to be more prevalent as time marches on.  It’s not that I don’t care, it’s just not worth doing.  And I am finding that trend to be with some of my clients too.

When thinking about it, it is a very dangerous way to be as it is easier not to do than to do the things that are basic and important for a fulfilling, satisfying way of life.  This is where habits can carry through until inspiration comes knocking at the door again. 

“Writer’s block” is a fallacy.  I am writing.  Instead of rambling on, I declare myself filled with wonderful ideas, the discipline of carrying them out and the wonder of seeing something new and different on my pages. 

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment