Thursday, February 13, 2014

Spring is Almost Here

Am ready to plan my next month’s theme, since I have gone back to work, and when looking at March 9, it is time to change our clocks again.  Six months has already gone by!  Then, too, March 1 is our one year anniversary of living in Oklahoma City.  This last year has gone by very quickly.  

In January’s resolutions, one of them for me, is to stay in the present for longer periods of time so as not to lose track of what’s important or what’s happened, or what is going on at the time.  I have a tendency to look back and wonder…”where has time gone?”  I don’t want to rush my life that much that I don’t remember.

Yesterday, the temperatures changed dramatically from being a high of 24 to a high of 46 degrees.  It felt so warm that I wanted to drag out a lounge chair to the patio and lay in the sun.  

So, am I ready for Spring?  You bet.  I am ready to be able to take walks around the neighborhood and enjoy nature again.  I have this tendency to “hunker” down in the winter and stay put.  All I want to do is snuggle in front of the fireplace in a comfortable chair with an afghan and good book.

The birds outside seem to be in perpetual motion.  What fun watching their antics in feeding, keeping warm, and just having fun.  

Recently, I was having some challenges in time, scheduling and making the changes to working, and I realized that I want this time to be simple, fun and easy.  I want my intentional experiences to be easy.  I am tired of hard and challenging.  


So, with a deep breath, relaxing out and realizing that “this too shall pass,” I know that my experiences with rest, relaxation, working and all else that comes up with living is a lot simpler than it has been in the past.  Realizing that I am too blessed to be stressed, I let go, release it all into the highest and best.  And so it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment