Monday, January 12, 2015

Yuk! People!

Now that I have retired again, I realized that I don't have to be "nice" to people anymore!  In fact, I am thinking about switching sorority chapters because one of our members was the most childish, obnoxious, spoiled brat at our last meeting.  And I got upset because we were all "catering"  and putting up with her nonsense!  

On the way home, I realized that I don't need to put up with this nonsense anymore and I am no longer going to associate with people who are into these kinds of "games" or the manipulations of situations.  

It is no longer my responsibility to correct, to appease or to play the peacemaker in any shape, form or fashion.  

For years, I have sent out Christmas cards and when some of them are returned, I spent hours tracking down the people to get the right address.  No more!  Done.  And done!

When people are rude, behaving badly, or simply in a bad mood, I will excuse myself and take myself out of the situation or at least away from close proximity.  And when asked, I will speak my mind and not "sugar" coat any of it. 

In the process of all of this, I want to be more honest, and am willing to tell my truth.  Agree or not, ask me if I care!  Can you tell? I am so done with people for awhile.  I guess I need some time to cool off, chill out, and let all of my bad feelings disappear.  In the meantime, I would suggest you keep your distance!  


No comments:

Post a Comment