Monday, January 26, 2015

Books

Usually when reading a non-fiction book, I am thrilled to get one or two good ideas out it.  Two good ideas have make the book worth reading.  Three or more make it a stellar read.  

Right now, I am into a book that has made me read it for the second time in just a short time.  I am about half way through the book and I have gotten 44 interesting ideas or reminders of what I need to do or remember or put into practice.  

The name of the book is "Walking Home" by Sonia Choquette.  It is about her pilgrimage experience in walking the Camino.  

My spiritual practice is in "New Thought" so we don't have a long history of anything and certainly it doesn't have the ritual or practice or discipline of something as strenuous as walking the Camino.  Maybe that is why I am getting so much out of her experience.

As she is walking, she is delving into herself and doing some deep soul cleansing and releasing.  Since she has to carry most of her belongings, she noticed how heavy her thoughts were and how heavy her pack was - as she lightened up her thoughts, her pack became lighter.  Interesting correlation.  Some of my thoughts that came up while reading all this is: what is dragging me down?  I need to find my "good way."  Allowing life to fill me with grace and magic.  Enjoy the peace and quiet along the journey. I am not always "right."  Feel nourished by the light and beauty around me. Be gentle with myself.  Find ways to stay good natured about all of the stuff of life.  When situations feel wrong, learn how to walk away from all of it.  Lift the weight of anger, blame, resentment, negative thoughts and dark feelings.  Refuel in nature.  Find time to rest, relax and renew.  Feel gratitude for all of life's experiences.  Stay loose and flexible.  Find the reasons for all of what is going on.  Make it easy.


Join me in finding other books that remind us how to make life more interesting, fun and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment