Sunday, February 8, 2015

Content with so little -

"The mind is a mansion.  But most of the time we are content to live in the lobby," writes William Michaels.  This thought makes me laugh, and in the very same moment it makes me furious that we could be content with so little (or discontented, yet do so little about it).  Stephanie Dowrick.

The above statement really had an impact on me when I read it and decided immediately to get really mad that I have occupied so few levels of my mind.  The next thought, of course, was how to expand to higher and higher levels when life at this level is so good.  

When does good really get better?  I know, it is all perception and how we look at what is going on in our lives and the situations around us.  I remember years ago while teaching a class, that what came tumbling out of my mouth was that "this is the big time.  It doesn't get any better than this."  And I was right, at the time.  Every time is the big time.  

Since life is an upward spiral, my intention is to explore and discover how many more levels of mind I can occupy.  I like the idea that every level is available for occupation.  And that there is something new and different on each level.  


Are you ready to explore some of the levels with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment