Friday, February 20, 2015

More of What's New and What's Next...

"The cup of every [person's] acceptance is filled unless the cup is turned up side down."  Ernest Holmes

Since I have retired again, I have been looking for something new and different to engage my mind, heart and activities.  I have in essence turned my cup right side up.  I am looking for new opportunities and new potentials for my attention.

Two days ago, I am walking through JoAnn's Fabrics looking for stretchy thread when I see my sewing teacher from two years ago.  We stop and talk and she tells me that she thinks I need to take another sewing class from her and she mentioned the machine embroidery class.  I almost had to walk away from her.  Not only is the investment in new machinery expensive, I have no desire to embroider my initials on every towel, pillow case, and fleece jacket I own, let alone for everyone I know!  

Yes, I am looking for a new opportunity but sewing?  Come on!  

In thinking about this incident, I realize that my cup has been right side up for something different and it shows up for me.  Now I have to refine my thinking into something that I can get passionate, excited and overjoyed to be doing.  And maybe that something is to just stop, breathe and relax for awhile.  

Finding the above quote also had me stopped in my tracks to wonder about how much of my life has been lived with my cup turned up side down.  I no longer want to live that way.  I am ready to be fully opened up, heart and soul, for what life has to offer me now.


Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment