Saturday, February 7, 2015

Get a Plan...

The last several days in the cartoon series, Luann, has focused on Gunther getting back to the States from traveling in Peru.  After having an adventure just getting to the airport, getting home to find his Mother dating a man, her calling him Gunthie, he has a sort of meltdown.  He and his friend, Quill, are talking about it and Gunther says, "I had a life plan, Quill.  Get my degree, then get a good hi-tech job, marry, have 2.5 kids and live in a nice home with a granny flat for my Mom.  But now...I have no life plan.  I feel totally lost."  Quill's reply for him, "That's 'cuz you've had more life than you planned."  

How true for most of us.  But then, again, most of us don't think about planning out our lives.  We forget that thoughts create things.  I know that I did because after December, I felt lost and kind of set adrift in my life.  I had a hard time just showing up for what it is that gives me a feeling of satisfaction in my life.  I have not planned out this year!

This is a wake up call for me because I have lots more life to live and in order to create it fantastic and filled with adventures, I need to plan it out.  I need to empty the tall closet shelves where I have deposited my dreams and pick some of them for this year.  It is also my year to release some of my long time treasures and reduce the volumes in my library in order to make more room.  I am craving space.  Lots of space around me.  

I realized early on in my adult years that having space required lots of money.  I studies, worked, created more money and was able to "buy" space in my living area only to have it filled with book shelves and more books that I ever needed.  It is time to give them all up.  Granted, I am saving the ones that gave me the most information and the ones that gave me a tremendous amount of spiritual uplift, but the rest are going.  I even caught myself putting some of the older paperbacks into the recycling bin.  Yeah!


The next weeks are for planning, cleaning  and sorting out.  Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment