Sunday, April 3, 2011

Feather time


“Each time you pick up a feather, it is a message that you are on the right path.”  Unknown

I love asking for signs for things that are going on in my life and I love finding feathers.  They show up for me in the most unusual places.  Even my poodle, Rusty, brings them in to me from outside.  Course, he brings lots of other things too.

One day a friend and I were walking along a street in San Francisco and I was telling her about looking for ‘signs’ to let her know that she was on the right path.  I was telling her that I would ask the question and then wait for a sign.  I usually found feathers shortly thereafter and I would take that as a sign that I was going in the right direction. 

“Does it always work?” she asked.

I was about to answer when this huge tail feather serenely floated right down in front of us and landed on the sidewalk.  I bent over to pick up the feather and when I looked at her countenance, I burst out laughing.  Her face was reflecting disbelief even as I was handing her the “proof” of the feather.


No comments:

Post a Comment