Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stay in the process - no matter what!


            One day my printer just would not work.  I changed the ink cartridges. Nothing.  What to do?

I had a printer stored in the garage for just such an occasion as this.  Got it out, set up and the software was not compatible with my computer’s operating system.  Now what?

As I am pondering this question, my computer screed turned blank and black and very slowly came back to its glorious blue color.  Ah Oh!  As I thought back to the years of great service I had with this computer, I decided that maybe it was time to retire it and get a new computer.  I did.

The printer worked!  Great!

Oh! NO!  All of my last year’s tax information was on the old computer.  But wait!  I backed up my information on a Zip Disk!  Yeah!  How do I get the information off the Zip Disk and into my new computer?  I’ll just go down and buy a Zip Disk Drive.  I did. 

I got it all set up.  Put in the software disk and it said that it was not compatible with my operating system.  Groan!  Now what?  Call Iomega and see if they have a newer system out.  Anything has got to be easier than reentering all of the information for a whole year. 

Finally, getting to tech support, the guy said, “Throw away the software and just plug it into your USB port and use it.”  Do what?  This can’t be that easy?  He said, “Just do it.”

I did and it worked. 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment