Monday, April 11, 2011

What is the Kybalion?


We had just finished remodeling our office space when I looked closely at a picture with a quote printed beneath it.  It was from the Kybalion.  What is the Kybalion? 

I had prided myself on being familiar with most traditions, but this one was a new one.

Later that day, I checked it out on the internet and the web sites were in Spanish and when I clicked on “translate,” the results didn’t make any sense at all.

The next day I received a telephone call from a relative of a long time Religious Scientist wondering if I would like her library.  I said, “yes,” because what I didn’t want, would go to our center for our up coming Community Book Sale. 

While packing up her books, I picked up a small volume titled, “The Kybalion – Hermetic Philosophy” by Three Initiates.  I was spelled bound. 

I wondered how many things had to come to pass for me to look at the quote, for the book to appear and for me to recognize it when it happened. 

The real question is, what came first, the chicken or the egg?  

No comments:

Post a Comment