Thursday, April 18, 2013

Consciousness


"Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment."
-       Eckhart Tolle

I know the above statement is true but it sure does bug me at my innermost being.  Since this is true for most people, how do they handle all this with ease and grace?

Since being in Oklahoma City, I have gone to church and have been a guest speaker there.  At the end of the service, some woman came up to me and told me that the area I was living in did some great things in recycling and could she bring her recycling to me to take home to dispose of properly?

Wow!  How apropos!  Most people bring their garbage to their ministers to change, handle, or dispose of. 

My answer to her was that “I would certainly think about it.”  Think about it I did!  And I almost rolled on the floor laughing when I got the cosmic joke. 

In the evolution of my consciousness, I am having to rethink some of the instances that have come up for me.  I really wanted to tell her that I have enough of my own garbage to handle that I really didn’t need hers too. 

And don’t we all.  Some of what we have may not be garbage but we certainly have memories, beliefs, attitudes, habits and all else that we could do without because most of them no longer serve us. 

I have jettisoned about half my books before we moved and I have gotten rid of more as I unpacked.  Some of them just went into my recycling bin, some to Goodwill, and some to the garbage.  But even then, I would not have the courage to ask someone else to dispose of them properly for me.  I have decided it takes a lot of audacity to just even think its okay to ask someone else to take care of my junk.

The lesson for me is to be aware of my conscious thoughts around what I have accumulated and to really see what can be disposed of properly.

With unpacking from our move, I am down one last room – our guest room, which has been the depository of whatever doesn’t fit anywhere else.  So, now it is time to find hidey holes for additional linens, pillows, extra patterns for woodworking, a fine set of wooden TV trays and more than enough extra of everything. 

Time to clean up my own consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment