Monday, March 9, 2015

Building Castles in the Sky

"...we imagine bungalows when we should be building a palace."  Florence Scovell Shinn

When I read the above quote, the thought came to me that if we don't get what we want it is because we have asked for too little.  She goes on to say that, "All power is given man (through right thinking) to bring his heaven upon his earth, and this is the goal of the "Game of Life."  

Since she is getting this from the Bible, it occurs me to that each of us creates our own "kingdom of heaven."  Glory be, my kingdom is way too small.  Even though I have and have had a good life, I can think back in my life and career that I have thought way, way too small.  I have been feasting at a buffet table with weinies and beans with the prime rib just down at the end of the table.  

I realize that wealth is a matter of consciousness.  But there are some things that I could be enlarging upon in order to create a greater experience of life.   How many of us don't want the mansion because we would have to clean it?  Now it occurs to me that I could have "hired" the cleaners.  See what I mean about thinking too small?  

She again tells us, "There is a supply for every demand."  I have not been demanding enough of my birthright.  Ernest Holmes reminds us that, "Big results come to those who think deeply and simply and pertinently and persistently, and then, because they know."  


It is time to create the story of my next half life much bigger than I have up until now.  I know this process can be fun and it is okay to expand on what I already have and just go for more.  I love the idea of building castles in the sky - maybe three or four of them.  Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment