Friday, June 12, 2015

Abbondonza

This is a word from the Italian language meaning more than enough, plenty, abundance.  Abundance is having more than we need and want.

One of my teachers use to tell us that," we could have anything we wanted." Then he went on to add, "but where would you put it?"  There comes a huge responsibility with having everything.  

I love to fantasize about having a mansion.  What fun it would be to have all the space, having all of the closets, just having room to do whatever.  Then, I think about having to keep it clean and the fantasy just leaves.  

The truth is, I have all I need and want at this time.  Our home is very comfortable, easy to keep clean, and is very affordable.  Because I have "enough" I feel surrounded in abbondonza.  

Some of us need to be reminded that we have enough.  We are stimulated to "want" more than what we have when we watch the commercials on TV, or hear of wonderful sales, or when on social media, the ads show up with great deals.  I discipline myself with the "no more" stuff.  I am out of room to store it all.  I remember that I need to "go slow."  I no longer need to rush around "doing things, needing things, or having things."  I already live in abbondonza and all is well.  


Take the time to think about your life.  Think deeply.  Be grateful that you, too, live in abbondonza and that all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment