Friday, June 5, 2015

Being Real

Have the courage to share your fears and flaws.  Flawed characters are the unforgettable ones.  Susan Shaughnessy

Being real goes along with the above quote.  As a spiritual leader, there are times when all I want to do is scream, yell and berate what is in front of me.  I remember my spiritual mentor and he let it all out - whatever he was feeling or experiencing, you didn't have to wonder - it was all there.  Because he was real, I loved him all the more for it.

It takes courage to be what you are.  And it takes courage to be authentic.  It takes more courage to shut up!  I love the quote that is in the July issue of the Science of Mind that says, "Just because you can fit into it doesn't mean you should wear it out of the house, by Timi Ruiz."  That applies to so many things.  

Since being out of "active" duty in the ministry, it takes all I have when I am in a social situation and hear people complaining, or talking about their latest illnesses, or can't find a solution to what is going on their lives, to just listen, smile and "shut up!"  I realize that I don't have to be the "know it all" and for some, they truly just need a friend to listen.  

When I think of the people in my life that I love the most, they are flawed in interesting ways.  I love the differences.  I realize that the differences are what makes life more interesting.  If we were all the same, it would certainly make life boring.


When I want to see the sky, I look to my feet.  When I am ready for a new inspiration for a dream, I open my mind.  New solutions come to me when I let go of the old ways of doing things.  I am so grateful for my experiences and my fabulous life.  What is wonderful in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment