Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Watch your Reflection

"Your life may be the only Bible some people read."  Unknown

That quote usually stops me in my tracks. Since I grew up in a very dysfunctional environment, I sometimes don't know what the "normal" thing to do.  

I know that Ernest Holmes talks about "A normal healthy mind reflects itself in a healthy body."  But what is normal and what is healthy?

Several times I have been up against what is the best thing I can do in this situation.  I have had to stop and think, "What would God do in this situation?"  

Arthur Schopenhauer once said, "Everyone takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world."  I keep having to remind myself to look beyond what I am seeing or what I am experiencing because there is always more.

Since I am of God or I am in God, I am constantly asking the question, "What is God up to here?"  Am I open to the surprise and delight?  I was created to flourish and am I doing that right now?  

Since I have the potential of God within me, I ask for the power to recognize it, accept it, and carry it out. 


What a difference just a few minutes of thinking can do.  I invite you to engage your mind to so the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment