Thursday, April 7, 2016

Decision Time

Each one of us has all he can do to look to the ways of his own heart, and make his harmony between his own heart thoughts and his world, by thinking as his heart is really thinking as its spiritual center, instead of from the mistake of his thoughts about life and God, which are not his heart but his imagination.  Emma Curtis Hopkins

Recently, I have been studying Kathinanne Lewis' book, 40 Days to Love with excepts from the work of Emma Curtis Hopkins.  She really hits hard on Emma's "truth is that there is Good for me and I ought to have it."  

What each of us needs to do is spend time in quiet contemplation listening to our heart's desires.  This is not an easy task, as I have found myself asking what is my next new plan for me.  Dr. Kathianne advises to ask as often as possible the following:

  1. What do I want?
  2. What is my Highest Good in this situation?
  3. What will be me great Joy?
  4. What is my right, next step?
  5. Then Listen.  Ask.  Listen.  Repeat as necessary.

I had to ask myself whether I have ever made any decisions based on joy?  I think most of them were based on necessity and whether the money I would make would cover my basic needs.  

This last Tuesday, I was told I would have to have more surgery on my mouth.  I went into instant panic and upset.  MORE!!!  Love is suppose to cast out all fear but it took me two days to get to the point to realize that "this too shall pass" and to get up the courage to make an appointment with the oral surgeon for a consultation.  I kept asking, "God, haven't I had enough? How much more am I going to have to spend to get a healthy mouth?"  With what I have spent on my mouth and what more surgery will cost, my new car and my Europe vacation are well down the drain.  As someone told me, "it's only money!"  

Back to asking the questions.  I really need to find out what my highest good in all of this is and why have I created this at this time of my life.  How can I turn this into my greatest blessing?  Where is the Grace?  Do I feel embraced by the love of God and what do I need to think in order for that to happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment