Friday, April 15, 2016

Keep Praying

...when your conditions are cold and unyielding, after you have been treating (praying) them faithfully, you must go into a room by yourself and give thanks to the Spirit that it always does everything good for you, that it supplies you, pays your debts, and in every way blesses you.  Emma Curtis Hopkins.

Early on in my studies, I remember my teacher, Dr. Robert Scott, telling us that we need "to keep treating until we get what we want."  I took that to mean that we can never give up on what it is that is our deepest heart's desire or to "make do" with something lesser that shows up.

Many times, I realize now, I didn't ask for big enough or for more because I didn't have the faith in myself or in God at the time.  Or maybe I didn't think I deserved it.  What I should have done is like the ten year old who asked his Mother, "give me too much" as she was putting jam on his toast.  

Since we create our experiences, I realize now that I was always too busy with work to really think about what it is that I wanted to have in my career, or what it is that I wanted to experience that went beyond just being "good enough."  I settled for too little.

I encourage you to take the time and really think about what is going on in your life and how you can create a life that is truly exciting, satisfying and that will make the money that you desire and deserve for your service.  It is up to you.  Take full advantage of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment