Sunday, June 5, 2016

Experience is the Key

We already are in a Perfect Universe but It needs to be mentally seen and spiritually experienced before It can become a part of our everyday life.  Ernest Holmes

Early in my classwork with Dr. Robert Scott, he told us that we needed to keep a "Results Journal" of the wonderful things that happened to us as a result of taking classwork, of doing spiritual mind treatments (prayer work), and the improvements we could see in ourselves while reading, studying and implementing what we were learning.  

Unfortunately, my Results Journal was started with a Pen-Tab 100 sheets college ruled notebook that is now tattered, somewhat torn, scribbled up, and falling apart.  In looking through the early days of my ministry in San Francisco, CA., one of the most astonishing "results" was a copy of a money order issued by Safeway Stores.  Whenever possible, I kept copies of checks, pictures, etc., to have a visual of my demonstrations.  This particular day, I was telling God on the way to church that we needed money to take care of some bills and that it was necessary that they were paid immediately or the telephone or heat or whatever was going to be cut off because of lack of payment.  The mail man came and slotted the mail through the door and when I picked up the envelopes, there was one with no return address, no stamp but just our address on the front.  When I opened it, it had this Safeway money order for $500.00 with no signature but it was made out to Church for Today.  I remember looking at it and thinking, "I wonder if this is a "good" check."  I didn't even know Safeway issued money orders.

I deposited it.  It was good.  Yeah!  I got my demonstration and it was just enough to cover what was needed to keep us open for another month.


God experienced creates a feeling of increased faith when needed for the big stuff of life.  My Results Journal is filled with my experiences of God fulfilling something that I asked for, got as a delightful surprise and lots are of new ideas, new angles and new perceptions that came to me while reading or thinking about what I was learning or teaching.  My tattered journal is a treasured gift from the Universe and God.  I encourage you to think about starting one.  It is great fun to look back and see all of the wonderful experiences that fill it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment