Monday, June 20, 2016

Safe and Secure

I am not alone, for a Presence goes with me and daily accompanies me on my travels.  My ways are made straight before me.  Ernest Holmes

Several weeks ago, I was traveling to Corpus Cristi for business, and while I was passing an 18-wheeler truck, one of his tires blew out and I could feel the force of the blow-out force my car left.  Next, I notice that the truck is drifting into my lane.  

Yikes, where do I go?  As I steer left, I drive over that portion of the asphalt that is chattered to let you know that you are about to drive off the road, and I can feel my car dragging into the meridian and I cannot hold it on the road, so I just allow the car to drift into the ditch.  I slowly brake and stop.

Taking deep breaths and willing my heartbeat to slow, I look up and there is an overpass about a quarter of a block in front of me and I am headed for one of the concrete supports.  I look out my window, and I am window deep in tall grass and weeds.  Well, I drove in here, maybe I can drive out of here.

My car sounds the same, so I slowly start forward and up.  As I get closer to the road, the traffic behind me is slowed down considerably because of the debris of the tire that is scattered all over the road and I easily am able to come up on the road and get back up to speed.  After going under the overpass, I see a fence divider in the center of the meridian and I wonder, was there one where I went down?  Where was it?

I pull off the freeway at the next exit and gas station to use the restroom and to walk off the rest of the adrenaline rush.  Whew!  More deep breathing.  I walk around the car to see any damage and there is none other than the fact that I picked up a lot of vegetation.  My poor car looked like it had been driven straight off a farm.  

Continuing on my journey, I remember that in my treatment work that morning, I remembered that I had declared a "safe and secure journey."  That is what I had.  Albeit, a bit of an adventure driving down a ditch, missing a fence, a concrete support, flying tire debris, but...safe and secure.

I got what I asked for.  Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment