Saturday, June 25, 2016

Increasing Consciousness

If you think of Life as always bringing to you everything you need, you will have formed a partnership with the Invisible which will prosper you in everything you do.  Ernest Holmes

Stop and think about the implications of that statement.  How much more can you handle in your life?  How much richer do you want your life to be?
No matter how we already have, there is so much more for us.  We need to
open our minds to the possibility and opportunity for more.  How much can we handle?  

The whole mental process and scope must be broadened and deepened, the whole expectancy must reach out to more, the whole imagination must lead its feeling to grateful acceptance and joyous recognition of what is surely possible in life.

For me, this has been a step by step process.  One of which has been exciting, terrifying and satisfying in various degrees.  At some stages, it has taken extreme courage and, others, a cheerful step forward.  At times, the less thought I have put into it, the easier it has been.  Others, I should have given it more thought.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  But whatever sight, it has brought me to where I am right now.

Yesterday has been an excellent example of some of the experiences of late.
Recently, I had a bone graft placed in the lower area of the front of my mouth.  When the damaged tooth was removed, the oral surgeon discovered lots of bone damage and so decided that I needed to have some bone replaced.  He added cadaver bone and covered it with a membrane to hold it in place and put  some stitches in it.  The stitches were self-absorbing and were gone in a short period of time.  The membrane stayed for two months.  

I stressed about having it removed.  My prayer partner reminded me that the "hand of God" would be removing the membrane and that "it would be easy, comfortable and I would be at peace."  Well, not only was it comfortable, I didn't feel it coming out and when he removed several what he called loose pieces of bone, I didn't feel those either.  Truly, the hand of God was at work.

The lesson again for me is that in my partnership with God, not only do I have all that I need, but I am given what I need in the moment of stress and distress.  Life is what I desire it is for me - simple, fun and easy all the time.

Spirit is my Invisible Powerhouse always ready to assist in times of need and otherwise.  How conscious are you of your Invisible Power?

No comments:

Post a Comment