Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Time for Remembering

The time has come in our evolution when we should awaken to the recognition that behind each one stands the Eternal Mind - that each has complete access to It; that each may come to It for inspiration and revelation - that that surrounding all is a Divine Law obeying the dictates of this Eternal Mind.  Ernest Holmes

Several blogs ago, I wrote about my friend who is experiencing Stage IV
cancer and she is now in Hospice.  When I talk to her, her voice is very weak and I can barely understand what she is saying.  Sometimes her sentences are disjointed and don't many any sense.

When speaking with her this morning, I told her that I would love to know what she had learned through this experience and she replied, "I haven't learned a damn thing." That came through loud and clear.  It made me laugh again.

That is what I miss about her more than anything.  We use to make each other laugh and we talked about things that were silly and we were able to laugh all the more.

I remember in Ministerial School, we were suppose to MindMap the next Sunday's sermon and submit it with part of our weekly assignment.  The next Sunday was Easter.  I got to thinking, how much can an Easter service change from year to year?  I called my friend and said, lets MindMap last year's sermon, and play hooky on Sunday and go to Great America as this will probably be our last Sunday to all play together before we started our new careers as ministers.  Most of our class was ready to play at an amusement park and we did go.  Had a wonderful time.  My friend and I laughed about the experience for years to come.  The problem with it was that every Easter since that time, all I wanted to do was go to an amusement park.  I wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel and release balloons from the very top and watch them float away again.

She is one of the greatest blessings of my life.  I miss her already.  God, surround her with comfort, courage, peace and release as she gets ready for her next journey of life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment