Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Say "Yes" to all of Life

There is a Power operating through, a Presence inspiring, an intelligence guiding, and a Law of Good sustaining you.  Upon this Presence, this Power and this Law you may place complete reliance.  Because you live in a this Divine Presence and because It is in you, you may know that the creative Law of Good, which is infinite, and which has all power, can do for you or bring to you, anything and everything necessary to your complete happiness.  Its whole desire for you is one of freedom and joy.
Ernest Holmes and Raymond Charles Barker

What a gift and blessing the above is when you think about it deeply.  We have the power within us to bring to us whatever our heart's desire.  Our desire is God's desire for us.  

Several days ago, there was an article in the newspaper about a man who was 107 years old.  He lives alone, mows his own lawn with a push mower, volunteers at his church, and served in the military through several major wars.  The reason for his longevity, he says, is to always look forward to something new in life.  

This man got me to thinking.  Sure, I am retired, but based on me living beyond 100, I have more than enough time to create a new career and to be able to finish it - if there is such a thing.   What "something new" would I like to get involved in and what would bring me huge amounts of satisfaction?  Right now, I am not sure, but, based on having a Power, Presence, Intelligence, and Law of Good within me and sustaining me, I am sure I can get some new ideas for my new career.  This is a very exciting prospect for me to even think about.  What would be the most fun?  Work has not always been fun for me, so just this idea of what would be the MOST fun is very intriguing.  I am looking forward to this process just to see what comes up.  I am already smiling...


No comments:

Post a Comment