Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dazzling


I took the time this week to do a manicure and painted my nails a bright red.  This morning while contemplating what pen to use for my journaling experience, I was admiring my nails.  They looked beautiful.  And I was dazzled. 

Being dazzled is a wonderful experience.  Each time it happens to me, it sort of picks me up and places me into an unknown territory of magical delight. 

Delight should be a natural occurrence and maybe even a daily if not a more often occurrence.  Maybe I am just not paying close enough attention to those things that delight me, bring me joy, or make me laugh uncontrollably.

In sharing a sense of humor with a sister, we use to have the goal of making each other laugh so hard that we couldn’t breathe.  I can remember a time when she was living in Kansas City and I was in San Jose and we use to talk on the telephone for hours.  This was before the times of the “lots of minutes for $49.00” a month.  I don’t remember what she said but I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe or talk and I went silent…she kept saying, “Cindy, are you there?”  I could only grunt for long minutes later.  That incident still makes me smile when I think about it.  I remember thinking I need to use the telephone and knock on wood so that she would know I was laughing too hard to talk. 

I want more of those experiences.  I want more of those times when I laugh so hard my muscles ache around my stomach. 

My challenge this week is to find more ways to dazzle, astonish, delight and laugh at just the things that make life worth living.


No comments:

Post a Comment