Saturday, March 17, 2012

Resolving the Mysteries of Life


In many ways, we are far more powerful than we think we are and there are some aspects of life that are just unexplainable.  Or maybe, I choose not to think too deeply about things that happen because then I would have to be more powerful “all” the time.

Several years ago, I was in Sedona, Arizona, when I bought a turquoise stone necklace set in gold.  I had looked long and hard for one because they are usually set in silver and I don’t wear silver.  I wore it home and was wearing it the following Sunday back at work.  While getting ready to go out and start the service, I am looking in the mirror and “patting” things into place when I notice my necklace is gone. 

Since I didn’t have time to look for it any where, I kind of said to myself and under my breath that I hadn’t gotten enough wear or use of it so put it in a convenient place to find please.  During the whole service, I felt “off center,” like something wasn’t quite right. 

Before leaving the facility we were in at that time, we looked all over the floors, the bathroom, and kitchen and started the walk toward the car.  We checked the trunk because I had stuff in there we needed for the service. 

As I opened my door to get into the passenger seat, in the crease of the leather close to the front, I saw a sparkle of gold and there was my necklace. 

How did it get in the seat?  If it fell forward, it would have landed in my lap and if it fell backward it would have landed farther toward the rear of the seat. 

After thinking about it, I decided that it didn’t matter where I “lost” it, I recreated it in a place where I could find it.   And I did.  Thank you God in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment