Saturday, December 5, 2015

Perplexities

Several things have me perplexed.  When checking in with the weather channel, it gives the temperature of whatever area you want.  For example, this morning my city in Oklahoma, it is 37 degrees and "feels like 30 degrees."  Who determines the "feels like?"  It may be a mathematical compilation, but someone has to determine it.  How do they do that?

Einstein talked about "the refinement of everyday thinking."  What does that mean?  Refinement is defined as the act or process of removing unwanted substances from something: the act or process of making something pure: the act or process of improving something: an improved version of something.  How do you know when your thinking is up-leveled or improved?  It has got to be how our lives improve.  That means, paying close attention to everything that is going on at all times.  That, to me, is very difficult at times.

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people.  Forget yourself.  Henry Miller.

Hard to forget yourself when you are focused on growth - be it mental, spiritual or otherwise.  The watchword here has to be "balance."  Life is a balance of all good things.  

Something deeply hidden had to be behind things.  Albert Einstein

I have spent most of my life focused on the bottom of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - food, clothing and shelter.  Hard to focus on developing an interesting life when work takes up most of your time and family uses up the balance. 

Now that I have the time, I am finding that I could have used a lot of the information I am finding much earlier in life.  I didn't know how to find balance early on.  I am determined to find that something that is deeply hidden in me whether it be talent, skill or otherwise.

Where is my "hidden splendor" and how do I define it for me?  And once I find that hidden splendor, is affordable?  


See what I mean about perplexities?  The invitation is open, but think twice about joining the journey.  Right now it is bumpy, overgrown and hard to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment