Monday, January 11, 2016

Self-Sabotage

Thinking back over the reason for things, you will find that you are surrounded by a Mind, or Law, that casts back at the thinker, manifested everything that he thinks.  Ernest Holmes

I am astonished how many times we can shoot ourselves in the foot and not see the correlation.  I have an acquaintance who again announced to the world of an important occasion and then allowed themselves to be locked in their garage at the time when they were suppose to leave.  

Another person told of an experience where they were suppose to be at an important engagement and drove in the wrong direction for an hour and half only because they couldn't read the GPS correctly in their rental car.  Hello?  What do you mean, you couldn't read the GPS?

Another who can barely afford to live with a roommate got so antagonistic, she almost got kicked to the curb.  I invited her to check out the nearest and dearest bridge to see what it would be like to live under it to see if she could stand hearing the traffic all the time.

Why we shoot ourselves in the foot is because we don't think things through throughly enough from start to finish.  It is what I would call haphazard thinking.  

What is wonderful about following the lives of the above people is that they are great examples of "what not to do."  I got into the Science of Mind philosophy to learn how to think and to learn how life works and how to make my life work for me.  

Thank goodness I have given up doing the stupid things, the accidents, and the shots in the dark that propel me backward instead of forward in life.  I have become very aware of what is going on in my life and what is necessary for me to move me forward with ease, grace and poise.  It makes for a much more interesting and joy filled journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment